The Art Anderson team is excited to bring on a talented Senior Naval Architect/Marine Engineer ready to join our fast-paced work environment. This position comes with immense opportunity for professional growth, a diverse exposure to engineering projects, and a fantastic working culture. You will be an integral part of a team that is modernizing NOAA’s (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) fleet of research vessels, designing one of a kind and innovative large floating structures to support the north west’s economy critical fish populations, and supporting our local ferry systems by solving challenging propulsion and structural problems. Project Management skills, an understanding of regulations and codes, and a solid baseline of technical project engineering abilities are a must. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, ready to take on challenges headfirst, and become a long tenured employee.
The candidate must be a self-starter and have excellent teamwork skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess excellent communication, coordination, and people skills. Needs the ability to perform calculations, prepare drawings, reports, trade studies, and other technical documentation as assigned in accordance with accepted standards of care.
The position being posted is for an in-house position, however teleworking options might be considered based on the applicant’s current geographic location and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture
- Current P.E. License in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
- 10-20 years’ experience in concept, early-stage, contract, and detail design; structural calculations; weight estimating; stability calculations; planning & conducting stability tests; preparing stability booklets; preparing design drawings and technical specifications.
- Knowledge of classification society rules and regulatory body requirements for stability, subdivision, structural integrity, structural fire protection, and life-saving equipment.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and GHS.
- This position may require military base access for project site visits; therefore, US Citizenship is required.
- Shipboard or work experience in a shipyard environment.
- Experience using industry standard software such as AutoCAD, Rhino, NAVCAD, and FEMAP.
- Experience with hull form development, propulsion and resistance calculations, sea keeping analysis, mooring analysis, local and global finite element analysis.
- Passion for and ability to engage in business development and sales activities in the marine industry.
Art Anderson is a 60-year-old family-owned company located in Bremerton, WA. We thrive due to our talented staff, excellent past performance, and our ability to bring value to our clients. As a multidisciplinary engineering firm, we take on projects from ship design to border patrol stations, and everything between. As an engineer at Art Anderson, you will work on a wide variety of projects, with many different clients, and have an ability to grow professionally.
To apply for this position, you must follow the instructions below:
Send us a single document containing:
- The full title of the position for which you are applying.
- The place you saw the advertisement for the position.
- At least three professional references with current email addresses and phone numbers
- Your detailed resume data addressing each of the requirements listed above. Be sure to detail your experience.
- Make sure your full contact information is included in the document.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send multiple documents, or additional info in the email. Only the information contained in your resume document will enter the review process.
Art Anderson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer